Does that leaky faucet or running toilet really count as an emergency? Knowing whether you have a plumbing emergency or a standard repair could save you money. Regardless of the type of service you need, if you are in Corona, CA, you can trust our professionals at Best Service Plumber – a Plumbing Concepts Company – to help you when you need it.
Can You Control the Problem?
The most important question to ask is whether you can stop damage to your home and wait for office hours to call for standard service. Some plumbing problems such as burst pipes or overflowing toilets cannot wait.
If you have to shut off the water to your whole home to stop a broken pipe from causing a flood, you have an emergency on your hands. Until you have a plumber fix the problem, you will not be able to use any of the fixtures in your home.
However, if the issue happens and you can take your family out of the house over the weekend, you can consider calling for standard service. Since not everyone has the luxury of going to a relative’s home or taking their family to a hotel, we offer emergency service for nights, weekends, and holidays outside our normal operating hours.
Don’t Let a Plumbing Emergency Ruin Your Home
If you have a real plumbing emergency, call us at Best Service Plumber – a Plumbing Concepts Company – as soon as it happens. We offer 24/7 emergency service as a courtesy to you, our customer. It’s our way of helping you to protect your home from extensive damage that can occur from flooding, overflowing drains, or leaking pipes. If you are in Corona, CA, call our phone number 951-520-8557 at any time of the day or night and we can help you to determine if you need plumbers to come out to your home now or during regular service hours.
It seems that California has droughts plaguing it regularly. Even when there aren’t drought conditions that require you to cut back on your water use, you can still be water wise. Using less water cuts down on your utility bills. It also can help the rest of those in the area by ensuring that everyone has enough of the limited water supply for their needs. The best part about these water wise tips is how little you have to change your lifestyle to integrate them.
Cut Back on Total Water Use
The total amount of water you use is most likely more than you need. You have several means to cut back on water use. Installing low-flush toilets and low-flow showerheads reduces the amount of water you use in your bathroom, without requiring you to shorten showers or skip flushing.
When washing clothes, choose the smallest water load possible, or fill the washing machine with more clothes to reduce the number of washes you do each week.
In the garden, water your plants individually with a watering can. You won’t overwater the plants, ensuring that they stay healthier and you use less water than indiscriminately using a sprinkler in your yard.
If you suspect leaking pipes in your home, have the leaks detected and repaired as soon as possible. The longer you let the leak happen, the more water your home wastes and the more money you will spend on your water bill.
Use Gray Water and Rainwater
Let Mother Nature provide some of your water. For watering your garden, capture and reuse rainwater in a rain barrel. These containers have a special design to keep insects and wildlife out while holding the water until you need it for your yard.
Gray water is the name for water that typically goes down the drain. It is not drinkable, but you can use it for watering your yard. Examples of gray water include the water you use to rinse fresh produce or the water that goes down the drain while you wait for hot water.
Let Us Help
For some of these water reduction tips, you will need the help of an expert. Let us know at Best Service Plumber – a Plumbing Concepts Company in Corona, CA – how we can help. Our plumbers can repair leaks and install water-efficient fixtures in addition to our other residential plumbing services. You’re not alone in your quest to reduce your water use. Our plumbers are in your corner to help you with this endeavor.
The amount of water your plumbing fixtures use could contribute to waste. Did you know that older homes may have fixtures that use almost twice as much water as currently required by the Energy Policy Act of 1992? For example, prior to this act, showerheads could use up to 5 gallons per minute, while those sold after 1992 had a limit of 2 gpm. If you have an older home that you want to make more water-efficient, call us at Best Service Plumber – a Plumbing Concepts Company in Corona – for installation of new fixtures in your kitchen and bathroom.
Water Efficient Fixtures
Almost every part of your home that handles water has a more water-efficient model. For instance, low-flow showerheads offer 1.6 gpm. Low-flush toilets with dual flushes give you the option of using low-flow or a higher water amount for extra flushing power.
To be more energy-efficient, you can also consider tankless water heaters. These designs heat water on-demand, so you don’t have to waste gas or electricity maintaining hot water inside a tank.
Professional Installation Is Key
When you replace your older less-efficient plumbing fixtures with new models, the installation process is critical. Without correct installation, the new fixtures may leak, reducing their efficiency.
If you need new plumbing fixtures installed, contact us at Best Service Plumber – a Plumbing Concepts Company – to get the job done well the first time. With the knowledge and tools to do the installation properly, our plumbers ensure that you don’t need to worry about the finished product. Your newly installed plumbing fixtures can help lower your water bills while reducing your home’s impact on the environment.Read More
The tap water in your home does not have to taste like it came from a tap. With a water filtration system, you can get flavorful water that tastes like it came from a bottle without the wasted plastic of single-use water bottles. To get whole-home filtration, you need the help of our professional plumbers at Best Service Plumber in Corona, CA.
Why Filtered Water Is Better
The water that comes from your tap is technically drinkable in that it won’t make you sick. But this water does not always taste good. If you have hard water, the tap water can also cause problems with your plumbing by leaving behind damaging mineral deposits in your appliances. Since hard water has dissolved minerals that make it harder for soap to create suds, you will waste more water for washing clothes, dishes, and yourself.
A whole-home filtration system can solve these issues and free you from having to buy bottled water for drinking.
Professional Installation of a Whole-Home Water Filtration System
You cannot install a whole-home filter for your water alone. You need a plumber to do the job. Don’t worry. At Best Service Plumber – a Plumbing Concepts Company – we have experts who know how to quickly and efficiently install a water treatment system in your home. You can enjoy tasty tap water and avoid the problems caused by hard water without undertaking any effort yourself. Contact us at Best Service Plumber for more information or to schedule an appointment for your new water system.
Disposing of things like grease from cooking in your disposal, items other than tissue in your toilets, and dental floss in your sink can cause major plumbing and drain issues. Clogs, backed up drains, and other plumbing issues are no fun.
While the plumbing system in your California home is tough, it does have its limits. Here are some tips from the pros at the best plumber service in Corona, Plumbing Concepts, of things you should never put down the drain in your home.
Things to Avoid in Your Drains
- Diapers and Hygiene Products – Neither of these items can properly flush in a toilet. They will get stuck and a professional plumber will need to be called. Not only can these items get lodged inside your toilet, but they can also clog the plumbing outside of your house, which can be costly.
- Hair – Although a small amount of hair is ok for your drains, the problem is that it builds up each day and can become a major issue. Both hair as well as dental floss can stick to pipes and cause costly repairs, so it is best to avoid brushing your hair directly over the sink if possible.
- Oil and Grease from Cooking – It is so easy to pour oil and grease from food directly down the drain in your kitchen, but it is important to avoid this habit. Oil and grease can adhere to the sides of your pipes and harden, resulting in major drain clogs.
- Paper Products – While toilet paper is designed specifically to dissolve in water, other paper-type items like cotton balls, paper towels, and napkins cannot be safely flushed and can cause a plumbing blockage.
The experienced professionals at Plumbing Concepts in Corona, CA can help with your drains and plumbing needs. Call us if you think you may have a drain issue, and we will promptly arrive to offer the best service plumber in Corona!
Plumbing Concepts in Corona, CA is the best service plumber to call when you suspect that your Southern California home may have a plumbing leak. Often plumbing leaks can be tricky to find and can cause a great deal of damage to a home before the issue is discovered.
The team of professional plumbers at Plumbing Concepts offers Home Slab Leak Detection and Repair using state-of-the-art technology to help you find a solution to your plumbing problem…and fast!
With the use of electronic leak detection technology, our skilled technicians can locate and isolate leaking pipes without causing unnecessary damage to the drywall and flooring of your home. Options can then be discussed for a solution to your problem and can range from the repair of the single leak, an investigation into the risk of future leaks in the system, and even the possibility of the need for a full water system re-pipe.
Plumbing Concepts in Corona is truly the best service plumber in Southern California, and we take each and every job very seriously. Every customer is important to us and we value the reputation we have built for our plumbing repair services from the great residents of Corona and southern California.
You can trust Plumbing Concepts to give you sound advice for any plumbing situation that you are dealing with. We have superior plumbing skills and can get all of the plumbing repairs done properly so that your home can stay safe, comfortable, and dry.
Call us today for a cost estimate for your plumbing leak in your Southern California home. We are here to help!Read More
It’s not a fun situation to be in, but we all have to deal with clogged toilets! Luckily most of the time you can clear the clog yourself with a decent plunger or a snake. Here are a few tips to clear simple clogs in your Corona California home.
Tips for Unclogging the Toilet in Your California Home
- Don’t Let it Overflow- To keep mess to a minimum and stop the toilet from overflowing, do not flush it again if it doesn’t flush properly the first time. This causes more water to be pumped into the toilet. Lift the lid and close the toilet flapper instead to keep additional water from filing the bowl.
- Use a Plunger – Using a high-quality plunger, cover the hole in the toilet and continue pushing and pulling until the water in the toilet starts to drain. It often takes several repeated plunges and flushings to clear the clog.
- Attempt to Remove Object – If you can see that there is an obstruction blocking the toilet, attempt to remove the object. Plunging will not do anything to remove the object, so move along to another solution for unclogging or call a professional plumber.
- Use a Plumbing Snake – A plumbing snake can break up the obstruction causing the clog and free the drain to help remove the clog in the toilet.
Plumbing Concepts in Corona, CA Can Help Maintain Your Toilets and Plumbing
For serious toilet clogs or repeated issues, contact the best plumbing services contractor in Corona, Plumbing Concepts. Our experienced team of plumbers has been serving customers in the Corona, CA area for decades and takes pride in our stellar reputation. From clogged toilets and drains to new construction and water treatment systems, Plumbing Concepts can help California homeowners with all of their plumbing needs.
Believe it or not, how we take a shower can have an effect on our home’s plumbing system. While this may seem odd at first, consider some of these things we do that may wreak havoc on the plumbing in our California homes.
How Your Shower May Be Ruining Your Plumbing
- Hair in the Drain – Hair clogs are one of the most frequent reasons for drain clogs in Corona California homes. Accumulation of hair over time can cause damage to your plumbing system. Signs of a hair clog include slow running drains which eventually will entirely block the drain. A drain cover is a great way to help avoid this issue.
- Damp Floors in the Bathroom – Our bathroom floors get wet every single day. Always make it a habit to check for standing water near the shower or bathtub. Take note of whether the water is from you versus a leak in the plumbing of your California home. A bath/shower mat works well to absorb excess moisture so that it does not cause damage to the floors.
- Hard Water Can Wreak Havoc on Plumbing – Hard water can be so abrasive that it can actually block the nozzles of your shower head. When you start to notice a dry, white, substance on the nozzles, this is the residue from the hard water. Cleaning with vinegar can help to remove the residue from the nozzles and allow water in your California home to flow well. A water treatment system from Plumbing Concepts in Corona will help soften water and resolve these issues.
Plumbing Concepts is here to help you with the best plumbing services in Corona, CA. Our experienced team can help with any plumbing issue and guarantee your satisfaction.