While not a glamorous job, the toilets in your Southern California home need to be cleaned on a regular basis. We regularly clean the toilet bowls, but did you know that the tanks of toilets also need to be cleaned semi-annually?
Even though the toilet tank never comes in contact with dirty water, it still needs to be maintained. In fact, often there are rust stains or sediment that needs attention. In addition, issue like rusted metal chains, mineral buildup occurs, or bacterial deposits release odors can occur.
Best Service Plumber has these tips for the semi-annual deep cleaning of the toilets in your home for a cleaner and more efficient restroom.
How to Deep Clean the Toilets in Your Southern California Home
- Empty the Tank – Turn off the water to the tank via the shutoff valve near the bottom of the toilet. After a few flushes, the tank should be empty.
- A Good Scrub – Scrubbing the toilet tank using a tough brush can make your toilet tank look new again.
- Attack Tough Stains – Chemical solutions often work better on stubborn stains. Filling your tank with a vinegar solution overnight will work wonders on stubborn stains. Lemon juice as well as bleach are also great solutions for stains.
- Disinfect – Popular commercial cleaners work well to clean the inside of the toilet tank. Simply spray inside of the tank to kill any existing bacteria.
- Clean Tank Mechanisms – Be sure to wipe down the float, flapper, chain, and other parts of the toilet tank and replace any worn parts at this time.
- Refill the Tank – After cleaning, turn the water valve back on, give the toilet a flush, and refill the tank.
Best Service Plumber in Southern California can help clean and maintain the toilet tanks in your Southern California home. Contact us today to schedule a convenient time for our technician to perform maintenance on your plumbing system.
If you have slow drains, blockages, or other unsolved issues in your Southern California, CA home, it may be time to have an expert from the Plumbing Concepts team inspect and clean your drains before any costly problems occur.
Here are some benefits of having a professional plumber in Southern California, CA clean the drains in your home.
Benefits of a Professional Drain Cleaning
- Improve Draining Issues – Blockages in the drains are a reoccurring problem for most California homes. A professional drain cleaning company can easily remove blockages from your home’s drain system to prevent future blockages that can be quite costly.
- Reduced Odor – Drain clogs can cause awful odors that come from your sewage system. In addition, this can indicate dangerous particles in the air. If you have strange odors coming from your drains, it is time to call the professional team at Plumbing Concepts in Southern California to help.
- Proper Maintenance Saves You Money – A little routine maintenance on your drainage system can go a long way. Finding and fixing tiny problems now before they escalate to expensive repairs like burst pipes, high water bills, water contamination, or corroded drainage systems is suggested.
- High Grade and Safe Equipment – The team at Plumbing Concepts uses high-grade equipment to clean your plumbing system, which is safer for your home and family. Constant use of drain cleaning and unclogging harmfuls can add wear and tear to your plumbing which can cause issues at a later time.
Choosing Plumbing Concepts in Southern California to clean the drains in your home is a savvy move. You can trust the experienced service team to keep your drainage system running properly. Plumbing Concepts is your trusted, local Southern California plumber and takes pride in repairing your plumbing drainage system and preventing future issues from arising.