Many small businesses, like Best Service Plumber, are essential to the economy while others are not. However, with more people out of work, even businesses that still operate can experience troubles. To ensure that people who work for these companies still get a paycheck, the federal government has allowed for up to $349,000,000,000 in loans to keep small companies running. Find out more about this and if your business qualifies.
How Long Are Loans Available?
The Small Business Administration (SBA) will only offer these loans to businesses between February 15, 2020, and June 30, 2020. If you have a business with fewer than 500 employees, you need to calculate the loan amount that you need to keep your workers paid. The maximum loan that you can take out is 250% of your total payrolls for February 15, 2020 through June 30, 2020. If you use the loan to continue to pay your workers, you may qualify to have the loan amount completely forgiven.
You have to fill out the loan application and file it sooner rather than later. There is a cap on the amount of funds available, and once it goes, you cannot get SBA loans under this program any longer.
How Can the Public Help?
Whether you work for a small business or not, these businesses play a critical role in the economy of most cities and states. Patronize small businesses whenever you can. While SBA loans can help, maintaining a customer base through this trying time is just as important to small businesses.
Patronize local restaurants by choosing takeout or buying gift cards from them. Choose mom-and-pop shops instead of big-box stores for your groceries and other needs. Find services that have local owners and workers, such as Best Service Plumber.
If you have a plumbing problem or an emergency that needs immediate attention, contact us 24/7 at 951-520-8557.
Disposing of things like grease from cooking in your disposal, items other than tissue in your toilets, and dental floss in your sink can cause major plumbing and drain issues. Clogs, backed up drains, and other plumbing issues are no fun.
While the plumbing system in your California home is tough, it does have its limits. Here are some tips from the pros at the best plumber service in Southern California, Plumbing Concepts, of things you should never put down the drain in your home.
Things to Avoid in Your Drains
- Diapers and Hygiene Products – Neither of these items can properly flush in a toilet. They will get stuck and a professional plumber will need to be called. Not only can these items get lodged inside your toilet, but they can also clog the plumbing outside of your house, which can be costly.
- Hair – Although a small amount of hair is ok for your drains, the problem is that it builds up each day and can become a major issue. Both hair as well as dental floss can stick to pipes and cause costly repairs, so it is best to avoid brushing your hair directly over the sink if possible.
- Oil and Grease from Cooking – It is so easy to pour oil and grease from food directly down the drain in your kitchen, but it is important to avoid this habit. Oil and grease can adhere to the sides of your pipes and harden, resulting in major drain clogs.
- Paper Products – While toilet paper is designed specifically to dissolve in water, other paper-type items like cotton balls, paper towels, and napkins cannot be safely flushed and can cause a plumbing blockage.
The experienced professionals at Plumbing Concepts in Southern California, CA can help with your drains and plumbing needs. Call us if you think you may have a drain issue, and we will promptly arrive to offer the best service plumber in Southern California!
Being a homeowner means taking care of all of the maintenance needs for your home on a regular basis. While your plumbing may not come to mind as something that needs attention often, there are actually some recommended monthly maintenance tasks that can keep the plumbing in your Southern California home running as it should. Spending a few minutes each month to check these items before they become bigger issues is always a good idea.
Recommended Monthly Plumbing Maintenance Tasks for Your California Home
- Look under the bathroom and kitchen sinks for leaks
- Check your washer hoses for leaks and obvious damage
- Inspect shower heads for abnormal spray patterns and clean build-up as needed
- To keep the pressure-balancing spools from getting stiff, turn on every shower and tub valve and let it cycle from hot/cold
- Look under the refrigerator to ensure icemaker connection is free from leaks
- Check toilets at the base for leaks and also for rocking toilets that could lead to a problem in the future
- Inspect hoses on kitchen faucets for water leaks and excessive wear
- Make sure to turn on your whirlpool tubs each month to ensure the system is working properly
With a few monthly inspections, you can ensure your home’s plumbing is running efficiently. If you feel you need professional help with the plumbing in your Southern California, CA home, the team at Plumbing Concepts is here to help with the best plumbing services in the area!
Plumbing Concepts, Inc. Service & Repair division is among the elite in the industry. We use cutting edge technology to assure you that we will be there when you need us with the equipment and know-how to solve your problem.
Clogged drains are no fun! Unfortunately, it is an issue we all have to deal with at one time or another. There are ways though, to help reduce the chance of clogged drains in your California home. Here are five tips to help prevent the frustration of clogged drains.
5 Tips to Keep Your Drains Clear
- Avoid Grease – Do not put oil and grease down your drain because they can harden once they are in your pipes, which can cause build-up over time.
- No Foods Down the Drain – Food is only acceptable to put down the drain if you have a garbage disposal. If your California home has a garbage disposal, most food items are acceptable, but please avoid peels, coffee grounds, and eggshells, as they can damage the disposal and cause blockages in your pipes.
- Only Flush TP – The only thing that should ever be flushed down the toilet is toilet paper! Avoid flushing paper towels, feminine products, or any other material that is too bulky for your plumbing system to properly dispose of.
- Flush Away Grease – Each week it is a good idea to pour boiling water down the drain of your home. This practice will help to flush away any debris or grease build-up lingering in your drains.
- Drain Screens – The use of drain screens in your kitchen sink is a great idea to help avoid issues with your house plumbing. Having a drain screen in place filters unwanted materials while still letting water pass through.
No matter what type of plumbing issue you have, Plumbing Concepts in Southern California, CA can help. Our team of licensed professional plumbers can help fix your issues and have everything up and running normally again fast!
When it comes to going green and being more efficient in your California home, a great way to start is by saving water – and Plumbing Concepts in Southern California can help! We have all the products you need to help you save water and be more energy efficient in your home.
Here are some of the amazing water-efficient products we carry at Plumbing Concepts to help you do your part to save the environment and money at the same time!
- Tankless Water Heaters – Using a tankless heater in your home can save up to 50% on energy costs! Plumbing Concepts offers a variety of tankless water heaters available for installation.
- Showerheads – Showerheads can be as low as 1.6 gallons per minute (GPM) which can help you save up to 36% on your water use. Come take a look at the wide variety of stylish showerheads we offer for your home.
- Toilets – High-efficiency toilets can save up to 20% on your water usage. In fact, standard flush and dual flush toilets are available and can use as little as 0.8 gallons per flush.
- Faucets – New faucets can save up to 31% on your water usage. Plumbing Concepts in Southern California offers a variety of colors and styles that use as little as 1.5 gallons per minute. Ask about our new models of 100% Lead-Free kitchen faucets available for your home at Plumbing Concepts in Southern California.
- Water Treatment – Learn more about water treatment systems for your California home that can save you up to 50% over standard water treatment products.
Plumbing Concepts in Southern California can help you select the perfect eco-friendly products with the best finishes for your Southern California home. Start saving money and natural resources today with green products from Plumbing Concepts.