Being a homeowner means taking care of all of the maintenance needs for your home on a regular basis. While your plumbing may not come to mind as something that needs attention often, there are actually some recommended monthly maintenance tasks that can keep the plumbing in your Corona home running as it should. Spending a few minutes each month to check these items before they become bigger issues is always a good idea.
Recommended Monthly Plumbing Maintenance Tasks for Your California Home
- Look under the bathroom and kitchen sinks for leaks
- Check your washer hoses for leaks and obvious damage
- Inspect shower heads for abnormal spray patterns and clean build-up as needed
- To keep the pressure-balancing spools from getting stiff, turn on every shower and tub valve and let it cycle from hot/cold
- Look under the refrigerator to ensure icemaker connection is free from leaks
- Check toilets at the base for leaks and also for rocking toilets that could lead to a problem in the future
- Inspect hoses on kitchen faucets for water leaks and excessive wear
- Make sure to turn on your whirlpool tubs each month to ensure the system is working properly
With a few monthly inspections, you can ensure your home’s plumbing is running efficiently. If you feel you need professional help with the plumbing in your Corona, CA home, the team at Plumbing Concepts is here to help with the best plumbing services in the area!
Plumbing Concepts, Inc. Service & Repair division is among the elite in the industry. We use cutting edge technology to assure you that we will be there when you need us with the equipment and know-how to solve your problem.
Clogged drains are no fun! Unfortunately, it is an issue we all have to deal with at one time or another. There are ways though, to help reduce the chance of clogged drains in your California home. Here are five tips to help prevent the frustration of clogged drains.
5 Tips to Keep Your Drains Clear
- Avoid Grease – Do not put oil and grease down your drain because they can harden once they are in your pipes, which can cause build-up over time.
- No Foods Down the Drain – Food is only acceptable to put down the drain if you have a garbage disposal. If your California home has a garbage disposal, most food items are acceptable, but please avoid peels, coffee grounds, and eggshells, as they can damage the disposal and cause blockages in your pipes.
- Only Flush TP – The only thing that should ever be flushed down the toilet is toilet paper! Avoid flushing paper towels, feminine products, or any other material that is too bulky for your plumbing system to properly dispose of.
- Flush Away Grease – Each week it is a good idea to pour boiling water down the drain of your home. This practice will help to flush away any debris or grease build-up lingering in your drains.
- Drain Screens – The use of drain screens in your kitchen sink is a great idea to help avoid issues with your house plumbing. Having a drain screen in place filters unwanted materials while still letting water pass through.
No matter what type of plumbing issue you have, Plumbing Concepts in Corona, CA can help. Our team of licensed professional plumbers can help fix your issues and have everything up and running normally again fast!
When it comes to going green and being more efficient in your California home, a great way to start is by saving water – and Plumbing Concepts in Corona can help! We have all the products you need to help you save water and be more energy efficient in your home.
Here are some of the amazing water-efficient products we carry at Plumbing Concepts to help you do your part to save the environment and money at the same time!
- Tankless Water Heaters – Using a tankless heater in your home can save up to 50% on energy costs! Plumbing Concepts offers a variety of tankless water heaters available for installation.
- Showerheads – Showerheads can be as low as 1.6 gallons per minute (GPM) which can help you save up to 36% on your water use. Come take a look at the wide variety of stylish showerheads we offer for your home.
- Toilets – High-efficiency toilets can save up to 20% on your water usage. In fact, standard flush and dual flush toilets are available and can use as little as 0.8 gallons per flush.
- Faucets – New faucets can save up to 31% on your water usage. Plumbing Concepts in Corona offers a variety of colors and styles that use as little as 1.5 gallons per minute. Ask about our new models of 100% Lead-Free kitchen faucets available for your home at Plumbing Concepts in Southern California.
- Water Treatment – Learn more about water treatment systems for your California home that can save you up to 50% over standard water treatment products.
Plumbing Concepts in Corona can help you select the perfect eco-friendly products with the best finishes for your Southern California home. Start saving money and natural resources today with green products from Plumbing Concepts.