Important Facts to Know About Water FiltersPure drinking water improves your health and motivates you to perform well. Now, it’s important to know how to purify your drinking water. Contaminants are present in water, and it’s important to eliminate all harmful substances. Modern water filters feature advanced water purifying technologies, and thus you will get clean water.
Common Contaminants Present in WaterThe common contaminants which make water unhealthy are:
- Lead is often present in water pipes, making the water toxic. If the water has a rust color, it indicates the presence of lead, and you must purify the water properly.
- Iron is another common metal found in water. Water with iron has a red or brownish shade, and even you may get a metallic taste.
- TDS are organic and inorganic soluble substances. Minerals, salts, etc., are considered TDS. These elements make the water salty, and it becomes unhealthy to drink.
- Sometimes bacteria are present in drinking water, and it’s good to get the water tested before drinking. Bacteria are responsible for various waterborne diseases; thus, you need to choose a good water filter to remove any bacteria from your drinking water.
Types of Water Filtration SystemsNext, you need to learn about different types of water filtration systems:
Iron Water FilterAn iron water filter is ideal for purifying excess iron in the water. Iron water filters have the best technologies to remove hydrogen sulfide, iron, and manganese. These water filters use a 3-step mechanism to get pure drinking water.
Reverse OsmosisNowadays, Reverse Osmosis (RO) water filters are gaining utmost importance. The semipermeable membrane of the RO water purifier removes toxic substances or harmful chemicals.
Active Carbon FilterThis water filter helps purify chlorine, carbon monoxide, nitrogen, and other deadly substances. It even kills bacteria and removes harmful chemicals, pollutants, and pesticides. Charcoal has a porous nature that purifies water and becomes safe to drink.
Biosand FilterThis filter features a solid box filled with sand and gravel. It eliminates pathogens and other components that contaminate the water. The biolayer catches bacteria and other components, and the water becomes clean. Microorganisms are present in the biolayer that kills bacteria, and thus it reduces the chances of becoming sick.
Ultra Violet (UV) FiltersThese filters use ultraviolet rays to purify water. A minimum level of UV rays is reflected in the water, and it’s the best way to kill bacteria, pathogens, and other disease-causing creatures. The technology attacks the DNA in the cells, and thus you can drink the water confidently. These filters also remove pesticides, and you will get clear water that is good to drink.
Ceramic FiltersThese filters have mini pores, and harmful substances are filtered through these pores. Also, it removes chlorine and E.Coli, and you will get clean drinking water. The filters have a good storage capacity, and it prevents recontamination.
Water SoftenerSometimes hard water becomes a reason for concern. It’s good to use water softeners to eliminate unwanted minerals; thus, you can drink the water freely. Hard water leaves a white layer on utensils and clothes, indicating the need for a water softener. First, you need to speak to an expert who gives you the right suggestions, and you can easily select the ideal water filter. Thus, purifying drinking water becomes easy now, and you will learn how water filters bring benefits.
How to select a good water filter?Here is a detailed guideline that gives you a clear idea of how to select a water filter:
- First, you have to consider the filtration grade, which indicates the size of particles the filter can separate.
- Then know the supply pressure range, which is usually between 200-690Kp.
- The water filter flow rate is another important thing to know before making the final purchase. 6 liters per minute is a good flow rate.
- Next, make sure that the water filter has a suitable temperature range. 5-30°C is the temperature for the basic water filters.
Things to Consider Before Buying Water FilterAre you planning to install a water filter? Here are a few things you should consider before choosing a water filter for your home:
- Initially, you must know the condition of the water. The expert first collects a sample of water and sends it to the laboratory for further testing. Once you know the level of contamination, you will find it easy to choose a suitable water filter.
- There are different types of water filters available in the market. It’s important to get familiar with the technologies they use, and it helps you find the best option. An expert reveals details of the filtration processes; hence you will learn how the systems work.
- The filters come up with membranes, and you must ensure that the membrane functions perfectly. Also, you must learn the maintenance cost of the membranes and thus you can choose the suitable one.