Plumbers have more complex jobs than many people realize. They must undergo years of training and examinations to receive their licenses. Additionally, they need to know about a variety of parts and systems to accurately choose the best options for repairs and replacements. So, what do plumbers do? More than you think.
What Does Plumbing Include?
Plumbing includes servicing, installing, replacing, and repairing any portion of the plumbing systems in homes and businesses. To do these numerous tasks, plumbers must have a variety of skills, which include the following:
- Critical thinking to identify and diagnose plumbing problems
- Problem-solving to create customized solutions to plumbing issues
- Communication to effectively talk to customers
- Knowledge of plumbing components to choose the best parts for a project
- Skills to access and replace plumbing components
- Learning new technologies to adapt to new tools such as electronics for detecting slab leaks
- Ability to undergo 2,000 hours of apprenticeship and education
Clearly, plumbing is not a task for everyone. The above skills are only a small sample of what it takes to be a quality plumber. In addition to the above, plumbers must also be able to complete the services they’ve trained for.
What Do Plumbers Do?
What do plumbers do? Everything to keep your home’s pipes, plumbing vents, and waste lines running smoothly. Plumbing services include the following:
- Water heater repairs or replacements
- Toilet repairs
- Slab leak detection
- Finding and repairing leaks
- Drain cleaning
- Plumbing upgrades
- And more
What Is the Difference Between Plumbing Contractors and Plumbers?
Some people may have confusion between plumbers and plumbing contractors. Which one do you need for a job? Plumbers generally respond to home or business plumbing repairs and services. While plumbing contractors can do those tasks, too, they often specialize in installing plumbing fixtures and piping in new constructions.
Now That You Know What Do Plumbers Do, Contact Best Service Plumber for Assistance When You Need It
If you need plumbing repairs or service for your home, reach out to us at Best Service Plumber. Our company has served Southern California for more than 35 years. We want to continue to offer our great customer service and quality plumbing long into the future.